SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE FREE INSPIRATION & WELLNESS ADVICE
A special Spring Detox to awaken your body, mind and spirit
Out on the West Coast we have had a pretty mild winter (Sorry to my East Coast friends) but I am still thrilled that spring is officially!
There are buds and green leaves coming out on the trees and our grass is very ready to mow. I am having trouble sleeping at night because our resident sea lions and eagles are barking and chirping all night as it is officially “herring season”.
Personally I love this season of the year. It’s that time of the year when nature renews and restores itself. Many people take the time as the days get lighter to ‘spring clean’ our homes, getting rid of all the clutter that’s accumulated through the winter and deep cleaning both the outside and inside of our homes.
Have you considered the benefits of giving your body a good inside-out ‘spring-cleaning’ as well? Research science has proven that during the winter, with the days are shorter and colder, we get less sunshine and therefore less Vitamin D (which is actually not a vitamin at all but an important hormone at allows us to absorb all the other vitamins and minerals our bodies need). We also tend to eat less locally grown fruits and vegetables and often rely on sugar and comfort food to cheer us up over the winter. By spring, we may notice a few extra pounds around our mid-section, not feeling so vibrant in the mornings ,a bit sluggish after lunch, a few more headaches and/or an increase in food sensitivities and allergies.
I have just been reading that traditional Chinese Medicine associates anger and irritation with our liver.. When spring comes, the liver gets revved up wants to get on with it’s job . As your hardest working organ, what is the liver’s job? Mainly, cleansing and detoxification ! (You’ll learn more about this in a seminar in Week 4 of my upcoming May Summer Slim Down program).
So this spring (yes, it’s officially started March 20) , I want to give you a spring detox system that assist your liver in doing its job which is so much a part of spring and the renewal of everything that grows. You can support your liver by doing the following:
- A wonderful habit I learned as a patient at Sanoviv, a world renown holistic hospital and medical retreat center, is to have ½ a lemon in a cup of warm water as soon as you wake up in the morning. You can add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to increase this cocktail’s effect if you like.. The lemon activates the liver, which enhances digestion. Lemon also alkalizes the body .
- Have this same drink before your lunch and dinner as well to enhance your digestion and alkalize your body
- One of my favourite authors and lecturers is Dr. Libby Weaver from New Zealand. Libby recommends eating many of our vegetables from the Brassica family, which includes cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, turnip, and collards. All these vegetables contains sulfur which help to support the liver. Watch my blog for some delicious recipes this spring using these vegetables, especially in salads and green smoothies.
- Let’s get spicy! To help your digestion, add turmeric, curry, ginger, and cumin to your meals. These spices are also super anti-inflammatory-especially turmeric. The product I recommend for my clients with joint issues contains a large amount of turmeric, as well as glucosamine, born and silica. Amazing results from this combination to ease the pain of osteoarthritis and promote cartilage health.
- Take some time to let your body sweat in an infrared sauna.. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. 30-45 minutes in an infrared sauna is plenty to detoxify your body, with the added benefit of burning 600 calories while you sit there and relax with a book and a glass of water or green tea . Make sure you shower after your infrared treatment or your skin will re-absorb all those toxins you just got rid of through your skin. A word of caution here to any one with metal in your body. Please check with your doctor before enjoying a sauna.
- Another trick I learned at Sanoviv is dry brushing your body with a loofah! This is terrific for your circulation and further helps your body to detoxify through your skin.
· Probiotics* – A ratio of 80 % good/ 20% bad gut bacteria improves your immune system, serotonin levels and help get rid of allergies toxins. Most people have the opposite ratio happening.
· Liver Support* – Your liver is the hardest working organ in your body. Your liver is where your body breaks down its toxins and a good liver support assists in this super important function.
· Fiber Supplement* – It’s important to take in all 13 kinds of soluble and insoluble fiber for your digestive system to move its contents out of your body quickly and efficiently in order to prevent toxins from accumulating in your digestive tract.
* It is very important to use pharmaceutical grade products versus food grade products. Food grade products can contain anywhere from 20-200% of the ingredients listed on the label and do not need to be shown to be free of contaminants break down in the body. A pharmaceutical product must contain 100% of what the label says, be completely pure of contaminants and fillers and must break down in the body within 10 minutes of taking. My personal recommendation is the top ranked lab in the world today-USANA Health Sciences. Your body cleanse basics are the Essentials, Probiotics, Hepa Plus and Fibergy. You can purchase these directly HERE or contact me for more information at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Program of the Month
RESET your Body:
Receive a beautiful companion recipe book from me plus 7 days of coaching with the purchase of your RESET program.
Here’s what to expect by the end of 5 days with this easy cleanse:
Contains 5 days worth of meal replacement shakes and bars, and nutritional support.
If you would like to watch a short video on how the program works, click here.
To purchase your RESET and Digestive Cleanse products directly, click here.
These are just a few ideas to enhance your spring body renewal. You can try one or all of them.
Yours in health,
I’d love to hear your comments. If you enjoyed this article, please leave me a comment on
my Facebook page www.facebook.com/carolynhancox.
If you enjoyed this article share it with others