SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE FREE INSPIRATION & WELLNESS ADVICE
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BANANA BREAD
Chocolate Almond Banana Bread-High Protein, Gluten and Dairy Free
I’ve made many banana bread recipes for my family over the last 40 years but last month I wanted to develop a recipe that was high in protein , low in sugar-oh and gluten/dairy free so my whole family could enjoy it. To make this Chocolate Almond Banana Bread with this criteria in mind took a bit of thought but this results are more than worth it.
Substituting 1 cup of pure almond flour for a cup of lowered the glycemic index is one trick I used. This Chocolate Almond Banana Bread turned out to be super moist and delicious! I gave it to a number of friends as part of their Christmas present this year. Everyone wanted the recipe so I knew I had a winning recipe that my readers would want to try.
For this Chocolate Almond Banana Bread you can use 1 loaf pan or 2 small loaf pans like I did.
If you are used to your banana bread falling after it cools, a super neat trick I read about (and it works) is to open the oven for 2-3 minutes before you remove the baked bread from the
- 1 cups Gluten Free baking Flour mix*
- 1 cup Almond flour
- ½ cup pure Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup Sugar (or ¼ cup granulated Stevia)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cups Mashed Banana, (frozen and thawed or fresh)
- 1/3 Cup dried cranberries(optional but really good)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 1 9×5″ or 2 6×4 bread pan(s) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar/stevia. Add in the eggs and whisk again until just mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients, banana and cranberries to the wet ingredients and with a spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold the ingredients together .
- Pour into a bread pan and bake for 55 minutes (or 50 minutes for the smaller pans.
- Once the bread is done, open the oven door, turn off the oven and let the banana bread rest for 2-3 minutes then remove and let sit on a counter (use a bread board underneath)
- Slide a knife around the inside of the pan and carefully turn the bread out then place it right side up.
- Once baked you can eat this bread immediately, keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks or freeze it for later.
If you enjoyed this article share it with others