SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE FREE INSPIRATION & WELLNESS ADVICE
THE BEST FAT FOR OUR BODIES? COCONUT OIL
Breaking news- we are not getting enough fat in our diet today and the best fat for our bodies is Coconut Oil.
I just returned from an International Nutritional Medicine Convention sponsored by my lab partner , USANA Health Sciences.. Speaking at this 4 day event were the world’s most renown top scientists, physicians and heart surgeons (including Dr. Oz) and nutritional PhDs. (More about what I learnt on another blog).
So many speakers talked about the newest research breakthroughs in the life sciences, especially in regards to our bodies needs for more healthy fat (including saturated-gasp-butter). All the expert speakers agreed that, by far the healthiest fat for our bodies is Coconut oil.
I thought I would give you some of the best properties and coconut oil. I hope you find them useful!
Coconut oil is a plant based oil that does not contain cholesterol .Almost all of the fats in coconut oil are medium-chain triglycerides-fatty acids (85%). These fatty acids found in coconuts can benefit your health immensely; they are clean for the body and easy to burn as fuel for energy. Coconut oil has anti-microbial properties that can help our bodies fight off yeast, fungus and candida. Coconut oil also helps our bodies balance our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar stabilization.
Ten Awesome Ways Coconut Oil Can Improve Your health & Enhance your Skin
- Helps the body with insulin use, helping to prevent muffin top syndrome (aka-pre-type 2 diabetes).
- For those with low thyroid issues, coconut oil can improve thyroid function, increasing metabolism, energy and endurance.
- It aids your digestion and helps to absorb the important fat-soluble vitamins.
- Increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood which balances our cholesterol ratio levels between Good (HDL) and Bad (LDL and VLDL).
- It is high in natural antioxidants, lowering body inflammation.
- Super natural moisturiser for skin, hair and nails. You can push it into your cuticles and even on your hair for 10-30 minutes as a moisturizing mask
- You can use coconut oil in most of your baking and it adds a natural sweetness to cookies, breads and muffins.
- You can sauté vegetables in coconut oil as it can withstand a high heat.
- Adding coconut oil to your smoothies can help you feel fuller much longer.
- For those with eczema and Psoriasis, coconut oil can heal your flaking skin .
Coconut oil is solid at room temperature so you’ll most likely find it in a jar. You can buy small jars at most Health Food Stores or buy the bi one at Costco. It will turn liquid when you put it on your skin because it melts around 78°F. When buying coconut oil be sure it’s raw (unrefined), virgin and organic.
If you are going to use coconut oil for both your cooking and beauty regimes, I would suggest having 2 jars-one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom so you do not cross contaminate.
If you enjoyed this article share it with others