SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE FREE INSPIRATION & WELLNESS ADVICE
CREAMY PESTO PASTA
This Creamy Pesto Pasta is so delicious and easy to make, I bet that this may become your new summer pasta meal.
Making zucchini noodles instead of using processed pasta is a super easy low glycemic switch that your body will thank you for. All you need is a good Sprializer (see picture for my favourite one).
Zucchini is low in calories and contains no cholesterol or unhealthy fats. This vegetable is also a fiber-rich option and is known to help with satiety or making you feel full longer.
Adding Avocado to an Italian Pesto sauce might seem un-traditional but Avocado has so many benefits. Here’s just a few
- The monosaturated fats in Avocado are easy burned as fuel for your body
- The fat from Avocados help our brain to function healthily
- Avocado is a food that keeps our cholesterol levels in a healthy range
- Eating avocados helps our bodies to absorb fat soluble vitamins like the carotenoid family and lutein
- The health fats in Avocados help prevent degenerative brain conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Creamy Pesto Pasta
For the sauce:
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh pesto sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (can use extra virgin olive oil for a taste that is less sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Himalayan Pink Salt and black pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 2 large zucchini
Spiralize the zucchinis and then set aside.
Mash avocados till they are creamy and add in the pesto , lemon, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Heat oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once the pain is hot, add the zucchini noodles to the pan, tossing them for around 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the pesto sauce to the pan. Make sure to coat the zucchini noodles thoroughly.
Serve immediately, garnishing with Cilantro or Italian parsley
If you enjoyed this article share it with others