Eating clean can be easy, fun and totally delicious. Here’s a few of LiveWell Consultant Dr. Ilona’s favourites to boost your energy this summer-or anytime of the year!.
Ready to detoxify, boost your energy, feel and look your best? It all starts with the daily choice to take action.
IN THE MORNING
- Drink warm water with lemon and a pinch of cayenne pepper to get your circulation going. This will go a long way to boost your energy for the day while you alkaline your system.
A super energising BREAKFAST
SPINACH & PUMPKIN SEED POWER SMOOTHIE
(Makes 1 serving)
● 1 cup water or almond, hemp, or coconut milk
● 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
● 1 small frozen banana, sliced into 2-inch chunks
● 1 cup frozen blueberries
● 1 cup spinach
● 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
● 1 tablespoon chia seeds
● 1 teaspoon cinnamon
● Stevia to taste
● 3 to 4 ice cubes (optional)
Try this delicious super foods salad for LUNCH
MASSAGED KALE WITH APPLE
● 4 cups kale, thinly sliced
● 1 cup parsley, chopped
● 1 large lemon, juiced
● 1 avocado, chopped
● 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
● 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
● 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
● 1 large apple, chopped
● 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
Suggested toppings: pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries
Add kale, parsley, lemon juice, avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper to a large bowl.
Massage the kale and other ingredients with clean hands. The kale should turn a bright green and become softer. Massage until well incorporated.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add your chopped apple and shredded carrots to the kale mixture.
Toss and top with pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries if desired.
Just add your favourite protein for a satisfying DINNER
QUINOA & ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
(Makes 2 servings)
● 1 cup quinoa
● 1 cup light coconut milk
● 1 cup asparagus, chopped
● 1/2 red pepper, chopped
● Juice of 1 lemon
● Pinch of cayenne
● 1/2 teaspoon thyme
● Sea salt, to taste
Cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Once cooked, start adding the coconut milk to it, 1/4 of a cup at a time, stirring until the quinoa soaks it all up. You may not need the full cup.
Meanwhile, steam your asparagus and red pepper. When those are tender, add them to the quinoa and coconut milk. Stir in the lemon juice, thyme, cayenne, and salt.
Getting hungry between meals? Here are some of Dr. Ilonas’s (and mine) favorite clean eating snacks:
● 10 almonds
● 15 walnuts
● 1 apple
● 1 pear
● Celery or carrots with hummus
● Flax crackers with 2 tablespoons almond butter
● Another quick pick-me up is a green juice, which alkalizes your body.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then watch for upcoming details of Dr. Ilona’s comprehensive program Restore your Gut Health
In Dr. Ilona’s new program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora.