SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE FREE INSPIRATION & WELLNESS ADVICE
Spicy Spring Veggie Stew-A delicious way to renew and detoxify your body!
Spicy veggie stew is a perfectly delicious way to aid your bodies digestion and detoxification systems. This vegan and gluten free stew has many of the spices that aid the liver and detoxify our bodies, especially in those early spring months when our bodies want to renew but its still chilly (not chili) outside. In addition, vegetable from the Brassica family have been added to assist the liver further. This delicious recipe will feed a crowd of 8-10 or you can make it up on the weekend and have lunches for the week-one of my favourite time savers..
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ can jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped mushrooms-the brown ones are firmer
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- One 15-ounce cans of kidney beans, rinsed
- Two 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- One 14-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 Fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup gluten free barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- In a Dutch oven heat olive oil, onion and garlic . Stir consistently until the onion is golden and translucent.
- Add in the cumin, turmeric,coriander, cinnamon, chili powder, broccoli,cauliflower, celery,mushrooms, green pepper, jalapenos and stir well. Sauté and stir for 3 to 4 minutes,.
- Add in black beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, water, barbecue sauce , sea salt, pepper and chopped cilantro. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to low, and allow to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the squash is softened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the kale.
- Serve with fresh cilantro as a garnish over a dollop of sour cream (optional).
If you enjoyed this article share it with others