This is an awesome recipe for Banana Pecan Pancakes is perfect for a lazy weekend morning ( hopefully you have some of these in your life) or a brunch party with friends.
Makes 4 good size pancakes. You can double or triple it to feed more .
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp flax seeds
2 Tbsp chopped pecans
1tbsp olive oil
Toppings (choose 1 or all)
Fresh berries, or sliced fruit of choice
Greek yogurt or Ageless Body sour cream (found in my Ageless Body cookbook)
Pure maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl, mash banana very well with a fork, until almost smooth.
2. Add in egg, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice and stir well to combine.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and pinch of sea salt. Mix lightly.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing to combine.
5. Stir in flaxseeds and chopped pecans
6. Let the batter sit for a few minutes till it thickens
7. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick pan, pour in ½ c. batter at a time
8. Flip pancake once it bubbles on top
9. Top with fresh fruit and other toppings of choice. For a brunch you can have all the toppings out smorgasbord style and everyone picks their own toppings. Also for a brunch party you can make the pancakes ahead of time and keep warm in a glass pan in the oven.
Leave a Reply