Right now, on the West Coast of Canada & across North America, we are experiencing a whole new resurgence of the Covid 19 virus, along with 2 other flu varieties . Apart from making your life miserable for a week or so, many adults (myself included) are finding an increasing number of complications due to a weakened immune system. Where ever you live, this simple recipe is an elixir that will boost your immune system, beautify your skin and supercharge your energy.
This recipe is super easy to make and only uses a few ingredients (lemon, ginger and organic honey). You can drink this lovely drink any time of the year, either warm in your favorite tea cup, or iced with 2 or 3 additional lemon slices. You will boost your immune system and feel good knowing you’re giving your body an extra dose of benefits to stay healthy and beautiful, for pennies a day.
How this simple recipe works to boost your immune system
This elixir boosts immunity because the combination of the lemon and ginger will promote circulation of the blood and lymphatic system. In other words, it will aid removal of toxins that constantly circulate to exit the body.
Just one organic lemon is packed with over 200 enzymes that will help restore the liver, one of our big detoxifying organs. This is one of the main reasons that starting your day with ½-1 lemon in water is so amazing for alkalizing your system.
The ginger in this beautiful drink actually helps burn out harmful bacteria.
The order you make this hot beauty drink is really important. Make sure you add the lemon last, once the boiling water has cooled down to maintain the enzyme count.
Why these ingredients to boost your immune system?
- Lemon: I have written and shared many recipes that incorporate lemons-for good reason! They are one of nature’s superfoods. Lemons alkaline the body and help us absorb nutrients. Just one serving of lemons gives the body 187% of our Vitamin C requirements, making it an immune boosting superfood.
- Ginger: Is one of the most comprehensive health and beauty foods—promoting detoxification and helping to rid of bad bacteria. As you know beautifying our body from the inside by giving the body what it needs will totally affect how we’ll look and feel on the outside. As a side benefit, ginger also increases our metabolism, naturally aiding weight loss.
- Organic honey: Organic honey has many anti bacterial properties.
- Elixirs are a powerful and pleasurable way to incorporate superfoods that allow you to access all the benefits.
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 inches ginger, sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 whole organic lemon
- Raw honey to taste
Boil water and add ginger. Let water cool slightly then stir in juice of 1 lemon and honey to taste.
Drink 1-2 times a day to superboost your immune system