This Creamy Pesto Pasta is so delicious and easy to make, I bet that this may become your new summer pasta meal.
Making zucchini noodles instead of using processed pasta is a super easy low glycemic switch that your body will thank you for. All you need is a good Sprializer (see picture for my favourite one).
Zucchini is low in calories and contains no cholesterol or unhealthy fats. This vegetable is also a fiber-rich option and is known to help with satiety or making you feel full longer.
Adding Avocado to an Italian Pesto sauce might seem un-traditional but Avocado has so many benefits. Here’s just a few
- The monosaturated fats in Avocado are easy burned as fuel for your body
- The fat from Avocados help our brain to function healthily
- Avocado is a food that keeps our cholesterol levels in a healthy range
- Eating avocados helps our bodies to absorb fat soluble vitamins like the carotenoid family and lutein
- The health fats in Avocados help prevent degenerative brain conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Creamy Pesto Pasta
For the sauce:
- 2 small ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup fresh pesto sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (can use extra virgin olive oil for a taste that is less sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Himalayan Pink Salt and black pepper to taste
For the pasta:
- 2 large zucchini
Spiralize the zucchinis and then set aside.
Mash avocados till they are creamy and add in the pesto , lemon, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Heat oil and garlic in a large non-stick skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Once the pain is hot, add the zucchini noodles to the pan, tossing them for around 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the pesto sauce to the pan. Make sure to coat the zucchini noodles thoroughly.
Serve immediately, garnishing with Cilantro or Italian parsley
Leave a Reply