It is gardening season. We just put in a back yard garden. (Tons of work- whew!!) and then we fertilized the lawn and the plants to give them the best possible start. Today we are fixing our irrigation system to make sure the new plants and lawn get targeted water at regualar intervals. Of course, we will continue to feed our garden so it looks great and keeps producing the vegetables and flowers we love to look at, smell and eat.
I am sure you do the same. To keep your lawn lush and green what do you do? When your roses aren’t super healthy, what do you do? When your vegetable garden isn’t producing like it should, what do you do? Of course, just like us, you fertilize it. Everyone knows after fertilizing with a well balanced combination you will see great results after a short time. Fertilizers contain the basic nutrients of, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, and other minerals-a multi vitamin-mineral for your plants.
So many people today still say they get all the nutrients from the food they eat. Isn’t that like your lawn and garden? Shouldn’t they be able to get all the nutrients they need from the soil? Without fertilizer, most of your plants will still grow, somewhat. They will do okay, but you know that they will do so much better with some good fertilizer.
We can easily get enough nutrients from a good healthy diet to give us the RDA to prevent the diseases of deficiency like beri beri, scurvy, pellagra, rickets, etc., but, like your garden, you can be much healthier with some well balanced vitamins and minerals added to your diet. This is called micro-nutrition or cellular nutrition. With proper cellular nutrition you will actually prevent degenerative diseases and build a strong immune system for a start.
So how does your life change with better nutrition at the cellular level ?
We aren’t plants, but imagine every one of your 50-70 plus trillion cells (that’s right , I said trillion) of your body, every organ, every skin cell, your eyes, etc. having all the nutrients they need to operate at their best. Here are some ways:
• If you’re immune system is stronger would you get sick less?
• Your skin cells regenerate every 10 days. If your brand new skin cells have every nutrient they need when they are formed, how would they look 10 days later when you see them as “Skin”
• If your muscular and skeletal systems had all the nutrients they need in the right proportions to build lean muscles and stronger bones, would it prevent osteoporosis ?
• We all have pre-cancer cells inside our bodies. What about that one cell that mutates and becomes a cancer cell, could your immune system and the rest of your body deal with it? Could it prevent that cell t from growing larger, or at least greatly slow it down?
• Would your organs function better? Brain, heart, liver, eyes, kidney, etc,
Like your unfertilized garden, you may be crusing along in life, but how much better could you feel if you had all the nutrients you needed in the right balance to be at your absolute best health. That is what a very high quality pharmaceutical grade multivitamin/minerals, essential fatty acids and other phytonutrients can do for your body.
What we do for the inside of the body is what shows on the outside.