SIGN-UP TO RECEIVE FREE INSPIRATION & WELLNESS ADVICE
MEDITERRANEAN PASTA SALAD
Well summer is just around the corner with warmer days, parties and picnics. I have 2 special parties coming up, one for my husband’s birthday and the other for my oldest grandson. In discussing the menu, it was decided that I would bring a gluten free Mediterranean pasta salad.
If you didn’t know before, let me tell you that I love a Mediterranean twist to most salads plus lots of crunch.
Here’s what I came up with for the first party:
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 5 cloves garlic minced or pressed
• 1 TBSP dry oregano
• 1 tsp Greek Spice
• 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 450 grams spiral or shell pasta noodles cooked, drained and cooled
• 2 15- ounce cans quartered artichoke hearts (in water)
• 1 each yellow and orange peppers, diced
• 8- ounce pitted Greek olives, halved
• 1 English cucumber cut into cubes
• ¼ red onion thinly sliced
• 1 cup crumbled goat feta cheese(you can use a Vegan substitute here if desire)
In a small bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. Let it sit and blend while you assemble the salad.
Add the cooked pasta, artichoke hearts, red and orange peppers, Greek olives, cucumber, onion, and 2/3 of the feta cheese to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and lightly stir to mix. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to let all the flavours combine. When ready to serve, sprinkle with remaining Feta cheese.
If you enjoyed this article share it with others