Well summer is finally here with warmer days, parties and picnics and I am starting to think about salad recipes that I can bring. I love a European twist to most salads plus lots of crunch so, with that in mind I have created a new recipe for a Mediterranean Pasta Salad.
Here’s what I came up with :
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 5 cloves garlic minced or pressed
• 1 TBSP dry oregano
• 1 tsp Greek Spice
• 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 450 grams spiral or shell pasta noodles cooked, drained and cooled
• 2 15- ounce cans quartered artichoke hearts (in water)
• 8- ounce pitted Greek olives, halved
• 1/2 each red & green pepper cut in slivers
• ¼ red onion thinly sliced
• 1 cup crumbled goat feta cheese(you can use a Vegan substitute here if desire)
In a small bowl add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and whisk well to combine. Let it sit and blend while you assemble the salad.
Add the cooked pasta, artichoke hearts, red and green peppers, Greek olives, , onion, and 2/3 of the feta cheese to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and lightly stir to mix. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to let all the flavors combine. When ready to serve, sprinkle with remaining Feta cheese.