It’s almost here-New Year 2023! Here is a personal ritual that I like to do in the quieter week between Christmas and New Year’s Day or on New Year’s Day itself. I am excited to share this creative process of how to make 2023 your best year yet!
While it’s essential to set intentions for the New Year 2022, I believe that it’s just as important to commemorate and celebrate all we did in the past. I read about a unique way of setting New Year’s goals about 9 years ago and have been enjoying this process ever since. Look back first, to remember and celebrate all you that DID…and then set your sights on New Year 2023.
Last year I joined a personal development course that is focused on upgrading our self-image and now have 5 amazingly powerful questions to add to my New Year 2023 ritual. I am excited to share these questions with you!
The course conductor also suggested that we pick ONE WORD that will empower us daily. This special word will be a title for who I am becoming and what I want to create this year. This has been a very deep and thoughtful process which I will share on another blog.
Most “experts,” tell you not to ever look back so why is this important to do?
- It helps us remember the past year as it zooms by… and the years going faster and faster, don’t you think? At 69 years of age, I find that the years are flying by, faster and faster. This exercise is what enables me to recall and appreciate all those precious life experiences, even if I don’t have all the pictures on my phone.
- This exercise combined with the 5 powerful questions helps you realize how much you DID do and what you feel is FINISHED and COMPLETE.
- It puts you in a grateful state of mind for what you have achieved and is complete. It also clarifies for you what goals and intentions are still ongoing. When you acknowledge all that you did and experienced, what you want and don’t want to repeat, and set your goals from that positive mental state, you’ll feel empowered and excited about the future New Year 2023.
- It helps you “complete” 2022 and embark on the next year’s journey with renewed energy. This is actually one of the most important reasons to do this exercise. Completing an existing chapter before entering a new one, deciding what you are done with and what you want more of helps clear the space for what you want to attract into your life.
How to Make New Year 2023 Your Best Year Yet
Here is my Looking Back to Move Forward Exercise
Use the different categories of your life and make a list. Here are some examples:
- Self care-exercise, nutrition, stress reduction, sleep
- Giving (charities etc.)
- Intellectual pursuits
- Wealth creation
Celebrate ALL that you did, all that is complete, what is ongoing, and then set your goals using the same categories. SAVE both documents for future reference – they are incredibly fun and insightful to look at every year.
Apply these 5 Powerful Questions to make New Year 2023 your best year yet:
What am I ready to let go of?
What do I want more of?
What feels complete?
What am I ready to say yes to?
What am I ready to say no to?
Create your WORD for New Year 2023
Is there a word that embodies who you want to become and what you want to create in 2022? Spend some time thinking about this. You may want to journal whatever words come to you and “sit on it” until one word stands out-and trust me one word will!
Designing your life in this way:
This powerful system will help you design life as you want it, at your deepest heart level.
New Year 2023 Challenge:
Want to join me in this New Year process? Go through these exercises and create your best New Year 2023 . Use this ritual as an opportunity to really celebrate YOU, say goodbye to the past, what is complete, what you want more of and less of, and an amazing start to a vibrant new year!
Additional blogs You Might Enjoy
- How to Create More of What You Want
- What are the Best Exercises to Prevent Aging
- How to Beat this year’s Flu Season
- 12 Natural Ways to Reverse the Aging Process
Lots of Love for this amazing New Year 2023 journey!
Leave a Reply