Snacking is good for you! It is important to eat frequently to keep your blood sugar even and your weight where you want it!. Keep healthy snacks handy so its easy to reach for the right thing when you are hungry.
My top healthy snacks:
Yogurt: Buy low-fat or nonfat, no-sugar added. I love plain Greek yogurt as it is super thick and tastes like a super treat. If you are dairy sensitive watch for my “Ageless Body” yogurt recipe coming soon
- Almonds and/or walnuts: These nuts have a perfect combination of unsaturated fat, protein and carbohydrates. About 20 almonds or walnuts makes a great snack.
- Hummus: There are so many varieties of hummus available to buy or try making your own and serving with cut-up raw veggies.
- Low glycemic smoothie- I use 3 scoops of smoothie mix as a base for a slimming , healthy breakfast. For a snack, combine 2 scoops of a certified low glycemic smoothie mix with 1 cup of purified water. Add frozen fruit or other flavourings plus ice cubes and “shake it up” in a blender. My fave is Chocolate Nutrimeal.
- Almond Butter and an apple: Core an apple and add 1 table- spoon of almond butter in the middle.
- Fresh Fruit: Combine a piece of fruit with almonds or some yogurt for a perfectly balanced snack .
- Edamame Beans: One and a half cups of edamame makes a delicious snack or appetizer. I especially love to spice it up with a bit of red pepper flakes and Himalayan sea salt.
- . Low-glycemic Snack Bar: I always have healthy low glycemic snack bars on hand, at my desk and when travelling. My favourite pick? Fudge delight (I love chocolate, can you tell?) !