The newest scientific Weight Loss Discovery
As most of you know I have been working with Weight loss and nutrition clients since the 1970’s. (Wow, you say, I didn’t know you were that old!) Starting in the late 1970’s we in North America (and I am sure other parts of the world as well) have been brainwashed to think fat was bad for us and, and ever since, the major food manufacturers have been on a mission to erase fat from our food. But, unfortunately, guess what? While this has been happening, North Americans have getting more obese and degenerative disease is even more on the rise! Here is what has been causing this-in order to make food still taste good, the major food manufacturers having been replacing fat with duh, duh, duh, duh. . . SUGAR. The newest scientific weight loss discovery is that sugar is the new fat.
All this time we were increasing our consumption of sugar and not realizing that sugar in all its forms is the root cause of most of the chronic disease such as heart disease, obesity, cancer, dementia, type 2 diabetes, depression, and even acne, infertility and impotence.
The average North American consumes about 22 teaspoons every day and our kids consume about 34 teaspoons every day. On average we are consuming 700 more calories a day than in the early 1970’s but we do not realize it because the sugar is hidden in our food. Just start reading the lables of products you buy. You will see that sugar or, even worse, high fructose corn syrup, is one of the ingredients listed.
Did you know that scientists have discovered that sugar is eight times as addictive as cocaine and the way to “detox” from sugar needs to be a biological shift. It is not just about willpower.
I have a brand new program coming out in a couple of months that will reverse all of this for you and balance your hormones but , in the meantime, here are my top 12 tips to start you off to super health and energy.
1. Include protein with every snack & meal
2. Have a balanced breakfast within 1 hour of rising. (Wondering what constitutes balance? Email me at email@example.com)
3. Increase the amount of vegetables you eat during the day
4. Exercise 5-6 days a week.
5. Have at least 8 hours of restful sleep at night
6. Digestive health super important. This is where your immune system lives. Take a pharmaceutical grade probiotic (yogurt does not count).
7. Take pharmaceutical-grade cellular support supplements (aka vitamins, minerals , co-factors and EFA’s).
8. Take some “self care” time to manage stress!
9. Drink plenty of purified water-half of your bodies weight in ounces, every day.
10. Add fresh squeezed lemons or limes to your water and vegetables alkaline your system.
11. When grocery shopping, focus most of your efforts around the periphery of the store.
12. If you need a JUMPSTART to biologically shift your metabolism, start balancing your hormones and those sugar cravings, you can join my next RESET Detox Group beginning June 16th , 2014. Just CLICK HERE to join, hurry though, as registration ends June 4th at 6pm PT.